Message from the President
The Edmonton Permaculture Guild and our Board of Directors would like to thank you for supporting our annual Resilience Festival.
This year’s event explores what it means to weave the threads of our communities into a resilient fabric. Resilience is a wonderful metaphor. It expresses in a single word the qualities of bending without breaking, of healing after an injury, of tensile rather than brittle strength. Resilient communities demonstrate the ability to pick themselves up, draw on reserves of ideas, strength and innovation to deal with difficult challenges.
At the Edmonton Resilience Festival, we are creating a space to weave the strands of our communities together into a resilient fabric; through workshops, discussions, shared
interests, song and dance. We are made strong through these connections.
It is thanks to the success of this event that our non-profit organization is able to provide the following programming:
- Children’s Permaculture Camp (July 23 to 27)
- Speaker’s Series
- Permaculture Workshops & Demonstrations
- Annual Permaculture Design Certification (Begins August 2019)
- McCauley School Orchard – Assistant Orchard Management
- Annual Permaculture Award – City of Edmonton Front yards in Bloom
- Annual General Meeting, Gargantuan and Harvest Potlucks
- Permies at the Pub (September, November & March Annually)
- And much more to come…
We hope that you will explore the topic of resilience with us at the 2018 Edmonton Resilience Festival. For festival information, click here.