There are permaculture resources everywhere, for every level of interest and every media preference! We’ve put together this list of our favourite resources for anyone interested in permaculture, whether you’re a novice or expert!
- Permaculture: A Designer’s Manual by Bill Mollison (the textbook used in the Permaculture Design Certificate course – published in Australia, it can be quite difficult to find here in Canada)
- Permaculture: Principles & Pathways Beyond Sustainability by David Holmgren (a basic summary of the principles outlined in his book is available free here).
- Gaia’s Garden by Toby Hemenway – Gaia’s Garden is a great entry-level book about permaculture in a gardening context.
- Sustainable Revolution by Juliana Birnbaum – a wonderful overview of what permaculture is accomplishing in communities around the globe.
- Food Not Lawns by H.C. Flores – an easily accessible book that explores how to get started in permaculture, not just in your yard but also in your community.
- The Resilient Farm and Homestead by Ben Falk – Ben has created a successful permaculture homestead up a mountain in Vermont, which has a lot of commonalities with the climate farther north here in Canada.
- Sepp Holzer’s Permaculture by Sepp Holzer – a permaculture pioneer operating in the Austrian mountains, he has accomplished amazing things on a steep, high, cold mountain.
- David Holmgren Interview on Permaculture, Energy Descent & Future Scenarios
- TED Talks – How to green the world’s deserts and reverse climate change | Allan Savory
- Toby Hemenway – How Permaculture Can Save Humanity and the Earth, but Not Civilization
- Permaculture on a Canadian Farm
- “Permaculture Trio” — Forest Gardening, Edible Landscapes & Urban Permaculture