Do you have a permaculture-related event that you would like us to add to our calendar?
We’d love to hear about it! Click here to submit the details.
- This event has passed.
Introduction to Permaculture
2017-02-05 @ 10:00 - 16:00$65
Start Planning For Spring With An Instruction To Permaculture Design Course
Gardening Inspired by Nature
Let’s face it, gardening can be a tonne of work. Who has time for all that watering, weeding, tilling, and spraying? What if I were to tell you that there’s an easier way?
Why is it that forests can thrive for thousands of years without being watered, fertilised, or tilled? As a design science based on principles found in ecology, permaculture teaches us how to work with, rather than against, nature. With an emphasis on food production and sustainability, this introduction to permaculture class will get you thinking like an ecosystem and offer you techniques to create beautiful, biologically diverse, and ecologically healthy landscapes.
What’s In An Introduction To Permaculture?
- How Nature Builds A Garden
- Resilient System are Connected
- Gardens vs Ecosystems
- Stacking Functions
- Maximising Space and Productivity
- ex. Maximising Space With Espalier Fruit Trees
- Need and Yields Analysis
- Connecting the Dots
- Zone and Sector Planning
- Creating Microclimates
- Taking Advantage of Site Conditions
- Source To Sink/Nutrient Cycling
- Water harvesting to decrease drought and mitigate flooding.
- ex. The 5 Best Ways To Water Your Garden
- Your Garden Under Successions
- How Designs Change Overtime
- Potential Topics (If Time)
Calendar powered by The Events Calendar