Do you have a permaculture-related event that you would like us to add to our calendar?
We’d love to hear about it! Click here to submit the details.
- This event has passed.
Introduction to Aquaponics: How to build a small home system
2016-11-20 @ 19:00 - 21:00$45
Aquaponics is a sustainable form of agriculture that has a 90+% water conservation rate and gives you the ability to grow plants and fish year round.
Jonathan Luckhurst, from Sea to Sky Aquaponics, will be teaching an introductory workshop on how to build a basic aquaponics system for your home. The goal of this hands-on workshop is to leave you with a knowledge base to construct your own custom system. We will be building our own system, step by step.
Topics to be covered include :
- Aquaponics’ role in sustainable agriculture
- What variables need to be monitored in aquaponics
- How to control the important variables in aquaponics
- How to size your fish tank in relation to your grow bed size
- Different types of grow beds
- System design (flood and drain, CHOP, vertical stacking)
Location: Earth’s General Store – Whyte, 9605 – 82 Avenue
Presenter: Jonathan Luckhurst
When: Sunday, November 20th at 7:00 p.m. – 9:00pm
Cost: $45 + GST. Pre-register through this EventBrite page.
Check out Sea to Sky Aquaponics website at http://www.seatoskyaquaponics.ca
Calendar powered by The Events Calendar