Do you have a permaculture-related event that you would like us to add to our calendar?
We’d love to hear about it! Click here to submit the details.
- This event has passed.
2017-05-13 @ 09:00 - 2017-05-14 @ 16:30$300
An intensive 2-day workshop for anyone who wants an efficient, productive and organized garden. This practical weekend workshop will be an intensive blend of class sessions where students will first learn the why and how of efficient garden design, followed by practical hands-on sessions applying what they just learned.
What you will learn:
- How to maximize your yields and minimize your work growing organic veg
- How to build raised beds, coldframes, a herb spiral, and a HugelKulture mound
- How to put together an efficient, low maintenance and organized garden that lasts
- How to start growing using the headache free method of “Square foot gardening”
About Food & Venue:
Get prepared for delicious, home made, “feel good” food. We will start the morning with coffee, tea and a delectable snack. After a morning of using your brain be prepared for a lunch to remember. With full stomachs and minds we will lastly offer you a selection of tea in the afternoon. Be nourished and inspired to learn all the more!
All of this incredible goodness will be offered to you from the St. Albert Grain Elevator Parks indoor classroom, which you will find below the renovated train station. Nearby you have gorgeous walking trails, a food forest to explore, and a site rich in history and character.
- 8:45-9am – Coffee/tea and Welcome
- 9am – 10:30am – 1st Class session
- 10:30am – 10:45am – 15 min Break with refreshments
- 10:45am – 12:15pm – 2nd Class session
- 12:15pm – 1:15pm – 60 min Lunch Break
- 1:15pm – 2:45pm – 3rd Class Session
- 2:45pm – 3:00pm – 15 min Break with refreshments
- 3:00pm – 4:30pm – 4th class Session