Do you have a permaculture-related event that you would like us to add to our calendar?
We’d love to hear about it! Click here to submit the details.
- This event has passed.
Edmonton Resilience Festival
2017-04-22 @ 10:00 - 23:30Varies
Join us April 22 at the Edmonton Resilience Festival for a fun-filled day of learning, community and celebration! This year’s festival includes an eclectic combination of workshops, conversation cafes, films and activities all geared towards building a more resilient and joyful society.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT?
- Workshops, including:
- Introduction to Permaculture
- Cider-Making & Fermentation
- Kids Yoga
- Introduction to Beekeeping
- Emergency Preparedness 101
- Conversations for Change
- Ideas for Edible Front Yards
- Indigenous Rights Workshop
- Mindfulness through Art
- Indoor Gardening & Micro-Farming
- Worm Composting
- Plant Medicines in the City
- Building a Bee Home
- Resilient Voices – Song Circle
- Hidden Roots of Suicide
- Canning Hot Salsa
- Resiliency Through Local Food
- Hempcrete Building in Alberta
- Healthy Workspaces & Stress Management
- Passive Solar Designs
- Natural Wool Dying
- The Resilience Marketplace, a trade-show style market for local artisans, builders, and businesses as well as community organizations to exhibit and sell goods, services, and connect with the resilience community.
- Festival Film Theatre Room featuring documentaries related to sustainability.
- Conversation Cafés which offer a space to host and participate in intentional, guided conversations about how we can build a more sustainable and resilient society. Including: Poverty in Edmonton with Sarah Chan, Upcycling with the Reuse Centre, and more!
- Earth Day Party celebration featuring Carter & the Capitals, Spiral Squad, The Jivin’ Belles, and The Borch Borthers.