- This event has passed.
2017-06-10 @ 09:00 - 2017-06-11 @ 16:30$300
An intensive 2-day workshop for anyone who wants to learn how turn waste to resource by composting and then use this amazing resource to grow amazing, delicious veggies and fertilize your property organically. This practical weekend workshop will be an intensive blend of class sessions where students will first learn the science of composting and soil, followed by practical hands-on sessions BUILDING and applying what they just learned.
What you will learn:
- How to recycle all of your households organic matter into beautiful black soil
- How to build a garden compost, indoor worm compost and compost tea brewer
- How to save soils, build soils, and use soil you create through composting
About Food & Venue:
Get prepared for delicious, home made, “feel good” food. We will start the morning with coffee, tea and a delectable snack. After a morning of using your brain be prepared for a lunch to remember. With full stomachs and minds we will lastly offer you a selection of tea in the afternoon. Be nourished and inspired to learn all the more!
All of this incredible goodness will be offered to you from the St. Albert Grain Elevator Parks indoor classroom, which you will find below the renovated train station. Nearby you have gorgeous walking trails, a food forest to explore, and a site rich in history and character.
- 8:45-9am – Coffee/tea and Welcome
- 9am – 10:30am – 1st Class session
- 10:30am – 10:45am – 15 min Break with refreshments
- 10:45am – 12:15pm – 2nd Class session
- 12:15pm – 1:15pm – 60 min Lunch Break
- 1:15pm – 2:45pm – 3rd Class Session
- 2:45pm – 3:00pm – 15 min Break with refreshments
- 3:00pm – 4:30pm – 4th class Session